NVIDIA has made the virtual trek to Cologne, Germany and is once again the driving force behind much of the PC gaming news coming out of Gamescom 2021.
Marvelâ€™s Guardians of the GalaxyÂ Launching with NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing
NVIDIA announced that whenÂ Marvelâ€™s Guardians of the GalaxyÂ launches on October 26, the PC version will launch with ray-traced reflections and NVIDIA DLSS, giving GeForce RTX gamers the definitive PC experience.
â€œMarvelâ€™s Guardians of the GalaxyÂ combines original storytelling and electrifying single-player gameplay with an edgy aesthetic. With the addition of ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS, PC players will enjoy this stunning universeâ€™s visuals with even higher performance.â€ – Olivier Proulx, Senior Producer, Eidos-MontrÃ©al
Dying Light 2 Stay HumanÂ Gets NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing
Dying Light 2 Stay Human is coming in December and will include NVIDIA DLSS, as well as ray-traced reflections, global illumination, and shadows.
â€œOur partnership with NVIDIA has helped us create an immersive, visceral experience for Dying Light 2 players. Ray tracing enhances the realism of our unforgiving, infected world while NVIDIA DLSS provides a massive performance boost without sacrificing image quality, so youâ€™ll never miss a beat traversing the landscape.â€Â -Â Tomasz SzaÅ‚kowski, Rendering Director, Techland
Battlefield 2042Â Bundled With GeForce RTX Desktops and Laptops
In June it was announced that NVIDIA was the official graphics partner forÂ Battlefield 2042, and the game would support NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex.Â Battlefield 2042Â is loaded with GeForce RTX technologies, ensuring a brilliantÂ Battlefield 2042Â experience for GeForce RTX gamers.
At Gamescom, it was revealed that Battlefield 2042Â will be bundledÂ with select GeForce RTX desktops and laptops for a limited time. For all the details, head on over to our bundle announcement article. Learn more inÂ this trailerÂ or visitÂ our website.
â€œWith NVIDIA’s game-changing suite of technologies, we’re able to make Battlefield 2042 the most technologically advanced Battlefield ever. NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex provide maximum performance, image quality, and the lowest latency for the ultimate competitive experience. Weâ€™re really excited to be partnering with NVIDIA as our official PC Graphics Platform Partner, to help showcase iconic all-out warfare, unprecedented scale, and dynamically-changing battlegrounds.â€ -Â Seth Christie, Head of Technology for EA Studios Europe
Escape from TarkovÂ andÂ RustÂ Get Reflex Optimisations, Now Even More Responsive!
NVIDIA just released an update to NVIDIA Reflex that includes optimisations for Unity Engine-based games and enhancements to Boost Mode. The first two games to get updated areÂ RustÂ andÂ Escape From Tarkov, two extremely popular multiplayer titles built with the Unity engine.Â Escape from TarkovÂ saw latency reduced from 38% to 58%, whileÂ RustÂ went from 38% to 51%.
More Gamescom 2021 Gaming News from NVIDIA
Other exciting announcements at Gamescom 2021 include:
- MystÂ launches August 26Â with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections. Enabling NVIDIA DLSS can more than double performance inÂ Myst
MystÂ also integrates DLSS into its VR mode, making it possible to play the classic puzzle game at a stunning 4864 x 2448 resolution while maintaining 90 fps for a smooth and immersive experience.
|Myst VR on Oculus QuestÂ 2 @ 4864 x 2448, Max settings – RTX 3080|
|DLSS Off||DLSS Quality|
|Average Delivered FPS||59||90|
â€œThe responsibility you take on when you remaster a classic like Myst is to take the visual fidelity of this classic game to the next level. Ray tracing allows players to experience their favourite Myst moments in a whole new light and NVIDIA DLSS ensures smooth performance as a new generation of players journey to the ages.â€ -Â Hannah Gamiel, Development Director, Cyan Worlds
- GRITÂ is a new battle royale based in the wild west that launches September 1 into Early Access with NVIDIA DLSS. DLSS will boost performance by up to 60% at 4K in GRIT.Â See it in action in a new DLSS comparison video.
â€œTo win over the Wild West, you always want the best weapons at your side. NVIDIA DLSS is a gamerâ€™s best weapon, because it gives you maximum performance and image quality so you can saddle up and take down any gunslingers in your way.â€Â Jon Mavor, Team GRITÂ
- SYNCED: Off PlanetÂ will launch with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections and shadows. NVIDIA DLSS will boost performance without sacrificing image quality. With ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS in the mix, GeForce RTX gamers will have aÂ SYNCED: Off PlanetÂ experience that is second to none! See all the tech in theÂ new gameplay trailer.
- Bright Memory: InfiniteÂ launches late 2021 with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections, shadows, caustics, and RTX Global Illumination. See all the tech in theÂ new gameplay trailer.
- LoopmancerÂ will be launching with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections, shadows, and global illumination. See theÂ new gameplay trailer.
- Chivalry 2Â is getting a DLSS performance boost.
â€œIn Chivalry 2 we wanted to throw our players into massive battles with clashing swords, flaming arrows, and sprawling castle sieges. NVIDIA DLSS guarantees that as the battle rages on, our players will always get maximum performance and visual fidelity.â€Â -Â Brian Etheridge, Publishing Director, Tripwire Interactive
- Faraday ProtocolÂ launched with DLSS, boosting performance by up to 75% performance at 4K.
- Recently, NVIDIAÂ launched support for NVIDIA DLSS in Proton, enabling Linux gamers to play Vulkan API games with NVIDIA DLSS, includingÂ DOOM Eternal,Â No Manâ€™s Sky, andÂ Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Next month, support extends to dozens of DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 games, includingÂ Control, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, F1 2020, Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries,Â andÂ Necromunda: Hired Gun.
- Eight new mice have been tested and certified as Reflex-compatible.Â Plugging a NVIDIA Reflex-compatible mouse into aÂ monitorÂ with NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyser technology yields click-to-display system latency measurement.