On Day Two of Netflix‘sÂ See Whatâ€™s Next Asia event, the streaming giant has revealed more Originals from India. Yesterday, the company announced a total of 17 new Asian Originals, and now we know that nine of those will be Indian Originals.
Viewers will be able to look forward to eight new original movies and one new series. These include:
- Typewriter – A horror series that follows a group of young wannabe ghost hunters and their dog determined to capture a neighborhood ghost involving a haunted house and a haunted book.
- Chopsticks – A movie that tells the story ofÂ an under-confident but talented girl, who asks for the help of a con to recover her stolen car from a crazy Mumbai gangster.
- Â Bulbul – A period piece starring a man named Satya and his brother’s child bride, Bulbul. He returns from England to find their ancestral village plagued from the hauntings of an evil woman with inverted feet.
- Upstarts – A bromance about three college graduates captivated by the startup mania sweeping the country. As they enter the startup world, they may have to choose between their dreams or their friendship.
- Cobalt Blue – Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, this movie follows a brother and sister who fall in love with the same man, rocking the foundations of a traditional Marathi family.
- 15th August – Set in a Mumbai chawl, this movie followsÂ the course of a single day as its residents prepare for the flag-hoisting ceremony. It focuses on the struggles faced by middle-class citizens in India.
- Music Teacher – This movie follows the relationship between an emotionally troubled music teacher and his estranged student who is now a celebrity.
- Hotel Mumbai – This movie tells the incredible true story ofÂ the victims and survivors of the devastating attacks on Mumbai in 2008.
- Firebrand – Produced by Priyanka Chopra, this movie follows a successful lawyer as she tackles difficult family cases while facing her own marriage intimacy issues.
“We celebrate India today with an incredible line-up of original films and series that are right now filming across India. This line-up cuts across genres from horror to fantasy and in locations from Leh to Mumbai,” said Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos. “The breadth of stories with its local settings and complex characters is incredible and we canâ€™t wait for people to discover and fall in love with them.”
For more details and information about the rest of Netflix’s new Asian Originals, head on over to our other article here. In the meantime, check out new trailers from two upcoming Indian Netflix Originals below; Rajma Chawal and Selection Day.