Write what you are looking for and press enter to begin your search!
Here’s Your Guide To The 2020 Overwatch League Awards
With the regular season drawing to a close, itâ€™s time to share the full slate of the 2020 Overwatch League awards. This year, they’re adding a new award; Coach of the Year, and bringing back all awards from last year. The winners will be announced during the postseason, which starts on 3 September 2020.
Here’s how the winners are chosen:
The 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League MVP will be awarded to the best player in the league. On 7 August 2020, the 10 finalists will be revealed, and fan voting will open on Twitter and on overwatchleague.com until 28 August 2020.
The winner will receive the MVP trophy, a US$100,000 cash prize provided by T-Mobile, and an MVP jersey patch for the 2021 season.
Previous winners included:
Voting process: Fan votes account for 25 percent of the overall tally, with the other 75 percent coming from a combination of general managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media.
The 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League Grand Finals MVP will go to the standout player in the biggest match of the year. The winner receives a special MVP trophy and a US$100,000 cash prize provided by T-Mobile.
Voting process: Voting will be conducted live during the Grand Finals, with fan votes accounting for 25 percent of the overall tally and the other 75 percent coming from a combination of general managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media. The winner will be announced after the conclusion of the Grand Finals match.
This award celebrates the contribution of Dennis â€œInternethulkâ€ Hawelka to the Overwatch community. Itâ€™s presented each year to the player deemed to be the most outstanding example of positive influence on their teammates, their organization, and/or the community at large. The winner will receive a trophy and a jersey patch for the 2021 season.
Voting process: Teams nominate their player(s), and the League Office selects a winner.
The 2020 Overwatch League Role Stars are a collection of the top four players across each role: damage, tank, and support. This group of players represents the best of the best in the league. In order to qualify for Role Stars, thereâ€™s a 50 percent maps played minimum over the course of the season.
Previous Winners (2019):
Voting process: General managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media vote on eligible players.
The 2020 Rookie of the Year is awarded to the best new player in the Overwatch League. Players are eligible if they were not contracted in the previous Overwatch League season and have played at least 50 percent of maps this season for their team.
Voting process: General managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media select a winner from eligible players.
Newly-introduced for this season, this award recognizes the coach with the greatest impact on their team.
Voting process: General managers, head coaches, broadcast talent, and media vote.
Awards szn best szn ðŸ†
â€” Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) July 23, 2020
By Lewis "lickety" Larcombe|February 17, 2023
If you're a fan of PUBG MOBILE, you'll be excited to know that they're teaming up with BoBoiBoy to bring players some exclusive goodies....
By Team KKP|April 2, 2020
Half-Life: Alyx is right now a remarkable VR game that captures the spirit of the Half-Life franchise. It's also a game that technically costs you US$...
By Mr Toffee|September 4, 2020
Ubisoft, a company known for its recent transgressions in the workplace, will be announcing the release date of its upcoming action-adventure game Imm...
By Alleef Ashaari|August 2, 2021
By Alleef Ashaari|February 9, 2022
By Alisha Alix|September 26, 2023
By Lewis "lickety" Larcombe|September 26, 2023
By Alleef Ashaari|August 2, 2021