Apple’s very own streaming service Apple TV+ is launching in Malaysia starting from tomorrow on 2 November 2019. What this means is that Malaysian users can begin subscribing at a price of only RM19.90 per month, which is cheaper than Netflix’s current Basic package (around RM33).
Users can also opt for a 7-day trial to try out Apple TV+. Family Sharing will allow up to six members of a family to have access using a single subscription account.
For a period of three months after the launch of the streaming service, those who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac or Apple TV can automatically obtain one year’s worth of subscription to Apple TV+. This counts for anyÂ of those products purchased after 10 September 2019 and capable of running the latest version of iOS, â€ŒiPadOSâ€Œ, tvOS, or macOS.
There will only be 8 Apple Originals TV series at launch, with plans for more to premiere in the near future. These include:
- The Morning Show
- For All Mankind
- The Elephant Queen
- Ghost Writer
- Snoopy in Space
Apple TV+ can be watched on the following hardware:
- iPhone, â€ŒiPadâ€Œ, or â€ŒiPod touchâ€Œ with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or later
- â€ŒApple TVâ€Œ 4K or â€ŒApple TVâ€Œ HD with tvOS 13 or later
- Third-Generation â€ŒApple TVâ€Œ with the latest software
- Smart TVs and streaming boxes that support the â€ŒApple TVâ€Œ app
- Macs running macOS Catalina or later
- tv.apple.com in a Safari, Firefox, or Chrome browser
In the meantime, head on over to the official website here for them to notify you when Apple TV+ launches tomorrow. Check out the trailer below for a preview of the Apple Originals featured on the streaming service at launch.