Action game ANNO: Mutationem will be out for iOS and Android soon, according to publisher Lightning Games and developer ThinkingStars.
The beta version will be available this winter. If you want to play the PC or PlayStation versions of the game, they’re available right now as it came out in mid-March. We gave it a glowing review, stating that the action and aesthetics are the highlights of the anime-influenced 2D title. Its only issue is its confusing plot and a weird ending, which was fixed in a subsequent patch a month later.
Check out the announcement trailer below, plus a features list for the title.
- Explore and Discover – This is a world full of surprises waiting for you to find out! While going thru the main story you can chat with a Cyborg corgi, take on a part-time bartender job, hunt down vicious criminals reveal the true face of a trending V-streamer! By exploring diverse locations such as neon Noctis Town, an off-shore cargo ship and huge underground structures, players are free to go as they please and act as they want.
- New Perspective – Unique 2D-to-3D gameplay, seamless switching between 2D action and platforming, and 3D exploration to interact with the world and its inhabitants. Let’s dive into pixel gaming from another perspective!
- Ann Kicks Ass – Ann will slash, shoot, combo, grenade-throw and ground-pound her way through hordes of enemies and huge bosses. From great swords to double blades, from pistols to rocket launchers and uppercuts, time to become the one-girl army you always knew you had in you.
- Try to Finish the Jigsaw – A grand story, befitting a rich and dark cyberpunk décor, featuring our main hero Ann Flores and her trusty hyper hacker side-kick Ayane on a personal mission to find out where her missing brother has gone to. Little do the two know just what they will unravel…
- Arm Yourself to Teeth – Collect, buy, or craft items and upgrade Ann’s stats, skills, and gear. Use chips to modify any kind of weapon you find. Equip Ann and make her combat-ready for all enemies (both humanoid and not…) that are about to head her way.