Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have announced that the 1970â€™s-based cult management simulator, Honey I Joined a Cult, will launch into Steam Early Access on 14 September 2021.
Taking up the mantle of the architect, players will design every aspect of the cult from building its headquarters, caring for believers and members, and planning the propaganda to make the organisation as successful and venerated as possible. Curating a lucrative cult is not all plain sailing: law enforcement, angry protesters and your leaderâ€™s inflated ego will need to be kept in check if your plans are to be realised.
Honey I Joined A Cult Key Features:
- Take full control of a funky cult:Â Recruit cultists to maintain the organisationâ€™s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence.
- Build freaky-deaky bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from â€˜hypno-chambersâ€™ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to â€˜The Manâ€™:Â Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities:Â Choose where your cultâ€™s heading – fiery apocalypse or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would-be cult leaders can wishlistÂ Honey, I Joined a CultÂ on Steam right now, and they can also keep up to date with all the information on the game by liking the game’s official page on Facebook,Â following Sole Survivor Games onÂ TwitterÂ and joining theÂ Team17 Discord channel.